Huge diamond estimated at over one million dollars is found in Russia
September 27, 2012
A huge diamond with an estimated value of over 1 million dollars was discovered in Russia.
The precious jewel of 158.2 carats was discovered by the company Alrosa, the largest company in the mining of diamonds, in the republic of Yakutia, in northeast Russia.
According to experts of Alrosa, the diamond can cost more than £ 1 million at auction.
The rock, once processed could be cut into several diamonds, each with a value of hundreds of thousands of pounds, Alrosa spokesman said in a statement.
However, the largest diamond ever found is the Cullinan stone, in South Africa in 1905 that weighed 3,106.75 carats (621.35g).
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet