The Senate would approve the optional vote at 16 in two weeks
September 25, 2012
Senators from the government and opposition expect to approve in two weeks the project of the “youth vote”, which allows young people between 16 and 18 to vote on an optional basis.
The head of the Kirchnerist bloc of senators, Miguel Pichetto, said that the ruling will be issued next week and said the goal is to pass the bill in two weeks on campus before being rotated to the Chamber of Deputies.
At the hearing in the Committee on Constitutional Affairs, the 17 year old student Elizabeth Zarate, a member of the Peronist group ”La Basica” said that young people have a desire to “participate” in the political life and said that they feel “qualified” to do so.
“We want to participate, it is true that there are young people who are not trained in the same way, there are also people who are not trained. We are prepared, we are the present and vote now to be part of this national project,” said young woman to the senators.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet