Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. used marijuana before the fight against Maravilla Martinez
September 19, 2012
“Middleweight contender Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has tested positive for marijuana metabolites consistent with the use of the drug in the aftermath of his unanimous decision loss to RING champion Sergio Martinez that dethroned him as WBC titleholder on Saturday in Las Vegas“, The Ring reporter.
“Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said that he has not received all of the test results, that he will not receive them “until Friday or Monday,” and that he can not comment until he does receive them”.
“Top Rank is reviewing the situation,” a representative of the Las Vegas-based promotional company read to RingTV.com from an official statement, which had yet to be sent to the boxing media. “Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will have an opportunity to explain about the situation to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.”
“If he is found to be guilty, Chavez can be penalized or fined for the entire amount of his $3 million purse, suspended for up to a year, or a combination of both.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet