Strike in Sarmiento railway
September 18, 2012
Maintenance personnel of Mitre-Sarmiento line made a strike that paralyzed Moreno-Once stations service.
This morning just six trains were operating in the Sarmiento line but before the chaos that was caused by the huge number of passengers in peak hours, the service was discontinued completely.
The strike is indefinite, while workers are not receiving a response to their demands that includes: a 30% salary increase, the elimination of income tax, as well as safe working conditions.
The delegate Rubén Sobrero revealed that “of 24 formations only 14 are running” and that the track replacement works “are very backward because they change 100 meters per day and before were 250 without stopping the service.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet