Protesters tried to occupy Wall Street and there was a violent crackdown (photos)
September 17, 2012
A crowd led by the Occupy Wall Street movement attempted to stop the trading protesting against “corporate greed and economic inequality.”
The New York police arrested today at least a hundred activists of Occupy Wall Street, who participated in a protest that drew thousands of protesters in the financial center.
Attorney Gideon Orion Oliver, president of the New York section of the National League Association, reported via Twitter that the number of prisoners was 104 at 11.30 (12.30 to Argentina).
The arrests occurred when security forces evicted access to New York Stock Exchange, appropriated the BBC news channel on its website.
There were also several attempts to cut the streets around the stock market, but police intervened to disperse the activists.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet