36 years away from the Night of the Pencils
September 16, 2012
On this day, Argentines commemorate 36 years of Night of the Pencils, when ten high school students who had claimed for a free student ticket were abducted by the military disctatorship.
It happened on September 16, 1976. Between 8 pm and dawn, young PabloDiaz, Gustavo Calotti, Daniel A. Carreras, Emilce Moler, Maria Claudia Falcone (whose case is particularly remembered because she was barely 16 years old), among others, were kidnapped and taken to various secret detention centers.
Only 3 of them were saved from the tragedy. Of the remainder, it is only known that they suffered severe torture, and that women were raped repeatedly. They are still missing.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet