Davis Cup: Monaco was defeated by Tomas Berdych
September 14, 2012
Juan Monaco was defeated by Tomas Berdych 6-1, 4-6, 1-6, 6-4, 6-4 and therefore Argentina tied 1-1 with Czech Republic in the Davis Cup semifinal.
Parque Roca had vibrant moments where Pico’s victory was close, but at the final, the world number six asserted his hierarchy.
Monaco started on the wrong foot by being overcome due to the enormous level of Berdych winning the first set 6-1.
But in the second, the Argentine player fought back and managed to break in the fourth game. He got the partial 6-4 and in the third confidence was higher achieving 6-1.
However, he lost level in the next few minutes while Czech’s performance grew. The last two ended 6-4 in favor of Berdych.
Thus, the great responsibility to reach the final is up to the couple formed by Carlos Berlocq and Eduardo Schwank in doubles.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet