The shocking photographs of murdered ambassador in Libya
Libya, September 12, 2012
Shocking images of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens are already circulating in the world media, after being killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi.
The attacks were carried out on Tuesday night for alleged gunmen protesting against anti-Islamic film, U.S. and Libyan officials said.
The ambassador’s death was confirmed on Wednesday by President Barack Obama and coincided with the 11th anniversary of the attacks on the Twin Towers.
The murder took place also on the eve of the General National Congress (CGN) in Libya, where authorities elect the head of government whose main task will be to set up a professional army and police force.
The diplomat's car was hit by a projectile.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet