Del Potro defeated Mayer and advanced to the second round of the US Open
United States, September 2, 2012
Juan Martin Del Potro, No. 8 in the world, defeated another Argentine, No. 63 Leonardo Mayer 6-3, 7-5, 7-6 and achieved the pass to the second round of the U.S. Open. Now he’ll face the local Andy Roddick.
The straight sets in which Del Potro achieved the victory hide the great performance done Mayer, who had a brilliant evening. He showed great strength in his shots, though, to beat a top ten, he will have to confidence to his repertoire.
Now, Del Potro will face Andy Roddick, who is playing his last U.S. Open and the last tournament of his career, coming after defeating the Italian Fognini 7-5, 7-6 (1), 4-6 and 6-4.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet