Chavez said that if he loses the election, Venezuela will enter in a civil war
Caracas, August 24, 2012
Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez said during a speech as part of his campaign that if the opposition wins the next election, Venezuela would be the scene of a civil war.
The president said that if the bourgeoisie conquers, whom his opponent Henrique Capriles represents, would remove all social programs in health, nutrition and education that currently benefit the poor people.
“This would lead to a civil war, because who can think that the people would remain with arms crossed if you take away the rights acquired? The people would not sit idly by. The persecutions against the people would begin as well as repression, as in the past,” he warned.
“We will not allow it to close again the gates of the future, of justice, of the homeland. I am quite sure we will win, and that is not discussed, it is written in letters of gold,” said the president.
Chavez assured he will win with 70% of the vote and that “the bourgeoisie will stick with the other 30%.”