Tragedy of the station “Once”: The state was rejected as complainant
Buenos Aires, August 17, 2012
The Federal Court did not grant a demand by the Secretary Enrique Rafael Llorens, requesting that the state is the complainant in Once station tragedy that killed 51 people and injured more than 1700.
Judge Claudio Bonadio had accepted in principle the state as plaintiff in the case, but victims of the tragedy and the families of victims as complainants appealed and the Federal Court reversed that decision.
The government tried again in an appeals court maid but it again rejected this claim.
The judges held that the refusal is based on “the concrete existence of complainants who have expressed their willingness to take action against the Federal Government in its capacity as holder and guarantor of public service concession”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet