Subway strike continued for 24 hours
Buenos Aires, August 9, 2012
The subway strike continues for 24 hours after the failure of negotiations between the company Metrovías and unionists.
Union leader Nestor Segovia, said Buenos Aires Mayor Mauricio Macri is who can unlock the joint with the money that is frozen in an account after the transfer made by the national government.
Segovia said that the Kirchner administration is putting money to resolve the conflict, but “Mr. Macri did not want to take it.”
And the unionist added, “If the company Metrovías can not resolve this conflict it should give up.”
In addition Segovia said that this is a purely labor conflict, while acknowledging that it has political undertones.
The meeting between the workers and company representatives had been ordered by Judge Patricia Lopez Vergara, who issued an injunction to the Undersecretary of Labor from Buenos Aires City “to convene a negotiating table.”