Tobias, the first baby in the world recorded in the registry office with two dads
Buenos Aires, July 31, 2012
Tobias, a baby a few weeks of life, has become the first child in the world with two dads legally recognized. This is the first son of gay marriage Alejandro Grinblat and Carlos Dermgerd, who had the baby through surrogacy in India.
Tobias was registered this morning at 10 am in the Office located on 753 Uruguay St., where the press was present as well as the Argentina Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (FALGBT), whose representatives welcomed this new law won.
“(Tobias) has all rights, there is no distinction or difference,” Alejandro said, one of the happy dads. He added: “This establishes equality before the law for all children, children of egalitarian marriages. Argentina began process of equality a long time ago.”
“The fact has no record in the world. It is the first entry of equal co-parenting in the world, which devotes full equality before the law for Tobias,” said the federation.
Tobias and his two parents had the support of judges Elena Liberatori and Fabiana Schafrick, as well as the Government of Buenos Aires City – through the Secretariat of Justice and the Bureau of Vital Statistics – and Argentina Foreign Ministry – through the Directorate General of Consular Affairs.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet