60th anniversary of the death of Eva Peron
July 26, 2012
On July 26, 1952, the death of Eva Duarte de Peron was announced. She was called “the spiritual leader of the fatherland”. She was the victim of cancer when she was only 33 years.
“Evita”, the nickname by which she went down in history, was born in Junín, on May 7, 1922 (although some historians argue that it was in 1919) within a humble family of the town.
At 15, she moved to Buenos Aires to try to live as an actress. She got small roles in plays until she met Juan Domingo Peron.
Since the beginning of their relationship, Evita would be essential in the assembly of the Peronist political and initiatives in promoting historical and women’s suffrage, social work and social housing.
In the present ministry of Social Development, Evita gave her last speech, in which she denied the request of crowd, that asked her to be vice president. She died of uterus cancer on 26 July 1952 and was embalmed.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet