Couple discovered trying to pass their baby without visa inside the luggage
July 9, 2012
A couple was discovered when trying to pass the baby of five months inside the luggage at Sharjah International Airport, one of the seven United Arab Emirates. The child was discovered when the bag went through the luggage scanner.
The parents had no visa for the infant when they arrived at the airport on Friday and subsequently said they had to wait until the office opened again for Sunday.
In desperation, parents waited for the change in office staff to try to go through with the baby hidden in a suitcase. Naturally, employees noticed the child when he passed through the scanner.
A spokesman for Sharjah Police, said: “They were risking their baby’s life.”
Parents said under questioning that his son wanted to go to UAE visa and since they had decided to hide him in the luggage.
“When customs officers saw the baby in the suitcase on the X-ray scanner, they were astonished,” said another officer.
“This machine is very dangerous for anyone, and much more for a baby,” he added.
The couple was arrested and charged with endangering the child’s life that might have been exposed to radiation hazards.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet