Women against the obsession of the “perfect” bodies
May 25, 2012
A group of women published pictures of themselves in bathing suits in retaliation against society’s obsession with being ‘skinny’ and achieving the ‘perfect body’.
At a time when Victoria Secret models are seen as an ideal, 31 women sent their pictures to prove otherwise.
Jamie Gregg, writer of xojane.com, posted a request to take photos to inspire women with bodies like yours to feel good about herself wearing a bikini.
Gregg wrote: “Our culture is obsessed with having to go to the beach with perfect bodies.”
“I want to inspire women with similar body to mine, so they feel comfortable and happy walking down the beach in a bikini or transparent garments.”
“The bikini even inspired so much fear in women who do not have the perfect body, as perfection is being encouraged by various fashion magazines.”
The women featured in the images are vibrant and safe, regardless of body shapes and sizes.
“I hope this gallery, which features a great variety of bodies, make them feel safe and so they can go to the beach in a two piece garment” she concluded.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet