Subway: Workers threaten with more strikes if there are no meetings
May 17, 2012
The two unions representing workers in the subways, the Association of Subway Workers and Premetro (AGTSyP) and the UTA, threatened to call a strike of 48 hours if there is no meeting to discuss salaries.
UTA spokesman Mario Caligari told agencies: “We called for a meeting this morning, they then passed it to the ministry in the afternoon and so far there is nothing new. The thing is very difficult.”
From this union, also warned that without a meeting soon, “the Subway service and premetro will be paralyzed for 48 hours next week.”
“We are meeting, talking and evaluating whether this is not how we continue next week,” he said, while Roberto Pianelli, Secretary General of the AGTSyP.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet