Independent fans say “no” to violence in football
Province of Buenos Aires, May 11, 2012
A lot of fans of Independent march against hooligans and violence in football, in front of the clubhouse located at Mitre Avenue in Avellaneda town.
Furthermore, they gave full support to the Independent Chairman Javier Cantero, who was approached by violent people in his office, when they were prevented from keeping their flags in the stadium. The “hooligans” seized the office with the president inside.
Earlier in the match against Arsenal hooligans generated incidents, stoning fans of both teams.
Before this event, Cantero recommended to fans “to not get into fights with these people” because “that’s their land, are used to it, to fight, there are well managed.”
Cantero appreciated the fans march and said the head of AFA. Julio Grondona gave explicit support.
The NGO “Save the Football” through a statement invited “all people who share the feeling of a football club without violence and with full participation of its members, the true owners of the institutions non-profit sports”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet