Unanimously, the Death with dignity draft was passed
May 9, 2012
The Senate approved today the Death with Dignity project from the House. It was unanimously passed with 54 votes in favor. It expands the rights of terminally ill patients.
The law gives patients the right to “to accept or refuse certain therapies or medical procedures or biological with or without cause, and also subsequently revoke your declaration of intent”.
It also allows them to refuse surgery and “life support, if the means are extraordinary or disproportionate to the prospects for improvement” but forces him to express his views to the physician, who must have told him before about his real state of health, treatment potential and its consequences.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet