Climbers saved miraculously from an avalanche in Nepal
May 9, 2012
A group of mountain climbers miraculously escaped an avalanche approaching at full speed while they were trying to climb one of the world’s most dangerous peaks.
They survived because took refuge on a ledge in the Annapurna in Nepal.
Incredibly, the group -composed of two Mexicans and two local guides-, was unharmed and later continued its ascent.
The avalanche was captured in images by photographer Turkish Findik Tunc, 40, who was in the area at that time.
The explorers were identified as Badia Bonilla and Mauricio Lopez and guides Ang Kami Sherpa and Lakpa Norbu Sherpa.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet