Garre proposes to prohibit the use of guns to off-duty officers
May 7, 2012
The Minister of National Security, Nilda Garre, proposed not to allow officers to use their weapons when they are off duty. “There are several cases of police deaths this year, and in all cases were off-duty officers that decide to resist,” he said.
The official referred to the murder of Lautaro Bugatto and declared: “Everything went wrong, the cop who was off-duty saw the theft and realized he could draw a gun and shoot. Apparently the bullets that were found are only the police, so that offenders were unarmed, and shot. “
“It is absurd that a person who is of Franco and his family is forced to shoot,” Garre said, adding: “It may not have.”
“Since the 90′s prompted this initiative and I always found the same resistance. There are several cases of police deaths this year, and in all cases were off-duty officers that decide to resist,” he concluded.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet