Lijo will take over Ciccone case
Buenos Aires, April 27, 2012
Judge Ariel Lijo was in charge of the call Ciccone case, involving Vice President Amado Boudou, after a draw that was made this morning by the Federal Court.
It happens after the decision of the Federal Court to set aside the previous judge, Daniel Rafecas, for irregularities in his investigation, which involved the exchange of text messages with a lawyer friend of Vice President.
The judges Eduardo Freiler, Eduardo Farah and Jorge Ballestero of Federal Court considered that Rafecas act in order that defendants may have a justifiable “fear of bias today.”
In text messages exchanged with the lawyer Ignacio Danuzzo Iturraspe, the judge gave him advice on dealing with the press and how to act in the case at the first stage of research.
Meanwhile, Lijo also must solve an accusation against the prosecutor of the case, Carlos Rívolo. The Federal C ourt talked about an alleged action in coordination between Rafecas and the prosecutor.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet