Arancedo asked to “have a broad discussion” about the reform of the Civil Code
Argentina, April 27, 2012
Today, the head of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina, José María Arancedo asked to call the Church to “a broad and serene discussion” about the reform the Civil Code. He also requested the Government to avoid “to act with urgency and haste” to approve the Project.
Arancedo submitted his order through a document, entitled “Reflections and contributions into certain matters relating to reform of the Civil Code.”
The text was approved by the bishops at the 103rd Plenary Assembly of Bishops, which ends tomorrow in Pilar.
“The Church makes its contribution with a view to cooperation. We don’t need to rush but to give open a broad debate” says the document.
The intention of the Church is to recognize that the beginning of human life from conception and appreciation of the family founded on marriage and the protection of the rights of children.
They criticized the removal of the duty of fidelity, cohabitation and mutual assistance in marriage, surrogacy and “discrimination against people conceived outside the womb.”
“The Civil Code of stable and exemplary character, defining the obligations and rights of individuals and institutions is not neutral, but through it are expressed doctrines and schools of thought,” he concluded.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet