Barcelona drew 2-2 with Chelsea and was left out of the Champions
April 24, 2012
Barcelona drew 2-2 with Chelsea in Catalonia and was left out of the UEFA Champions League (lost 1-0 in London). Messi missed a penalty when it was 2-1.
With goals from Busquets, at 34 ‘, and Iniesta at 42′, the local club was classified to the final of the Champions League of Europe, but Ramires complicated things scoring at 45 ‘.
In the second part, the locals would be put to Chelsea against their goal, they would even hit the bar several times and would have a penalty which Messi missed. At 92 ‘, one against lethal ended with Fernando Torres scoring the 2-2 and sentencing history.
Barcelona: Victor Valdés, Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano, Gerard Piqué; Sergi Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc; Alexis, Messi, Cuenca. Coach: Pep Guardiola.
Chelsea: Peter Cech; Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, Jhon Terry, Ashley Cole; Raúl Meireles, Obi Mikel, Frank Lampard; Ramires, Didier Drogba y Juan Mata. Coach: Roberto Di Matteo.
Referee: Cüneyt Çakir (Turquía).
Stadium: Camp Nou.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet