Cuban actors who play two characters fleeing the island ended up escaping for real
Miami, April 23, 2012
Cuban actors Anailín de la Rua de la Torre and Javier Nunez Florian, who stars of the film “One Night”, where play two young fleeing the island, eventually escaped for real when they traveled to Miami to promote the film.
They traveled for the first time to the U.S. and when they put one foot in the city of Miami, disappeared. The rest of the cast greeted them at the airport to continue their trip to New York, but never made the flight, they completely lost track.
The film’s director Lucy Malloy said that she was disappointed by the decision of young actors but understood. “I just hope they are safe and sound,” said the filmmaker.
Malloy really believed that Anailín and Javier wanted to enjoy the Tribeca Film Festival, where it was to project the film.
In addition, the director already had plans a sequel her film, with the same actors, but now obviously this will be impossible.
In the U.S. there is a rule called “wet foot, dry foot,” for which any person escaping from Cuba and get reach the United States is automatically a resident and have the ability to process their citizenship after a period of one year .
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet