Menem will vote for the expropriation of YPF
April 20, 2012
Former President Carlos Menem, who promoted the privatization of YPF oil company during the early 90′s, announced he would vote for the bill to expropriate 51% of the shares of the company. “I will be insulted,” he said.
The current Senator voter in La Rioja (having defeated the Front for Victory in the list of senators) announced that it will give a positive vote for the bill sent by the Executive.
“I will support the nationalization of YPF” said former President Chronicle, claiming that the context is not the same as when he decided to sell the state participation in the oil.
“The scenario is not the same as when I privatized. I know I will be insulted, but it will not be the first time,” argued Menem.
“I have nothing against the Spanish, but Repsol invested nothing in the country,” and felt that that was the “error” of the Spanish company.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet