Cristina revealed that her husband was already talking about the nationalization of YPF in 2003
Buenos Aires, April 18, 2012
President Cristina Kirchner led a ceremony to inaugurate Technopolis TV, where she said her husband was already talking about the nationalization of YPF in 2003.
“I was rereading the book of dialogues between Torcuato Di Tella and Nestor, in 2003, before the election, and he was already talking about the big problem in the energy sector that was the denationalization of YPF”, the president said.
“It took 9 years, yes. Some ask why we did it now and not before. I saw how Congress Axel (Kicillof) said that 25 May was in 1810 and not 1809 or 1811 … The story is not built like we want, but is how we can,” added the president.
In addition she also criticized Buenos Aires mayor Mauricio Macri for the subject of the subways, ensuring that her administration “takes over the rightful and what not too.”
She announced that the Secretariat of Transportation bought new cars for Line A and expressed in this way: “We’re not going to charge [the city government] this is going to be paid by the national government, because ultimately Argentines traveling on the subway.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet