Surprising view of the Spanish in a survey on the nationalization of YPF
Madrid, April 17, 2012
A survey by the conservative daily ABC.es on the nationalization of YPF announced yesterday by President Cristina Kirchner, gave a unique result.
The question revolved around the measures to be taken by the Spanish government to the measure.
46.6% of respondents (about 30000 people expressed their opinion) held that Spain should make a resounding diplomatic response against Argentina.
Only 1.4% supported the idea of establishing new contacts to reverse the measure.
And surprisingly, 52% felt that one must respect a sovereign decision of Argentina.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet