Obama ratified the U.S. position about the Falklands issue
Photo: Argentine Government
Colombia, April 15, 2012
Finally, it was learned some of the statements from the conversation between Cristina Kirchner and Barack Obama in Colombia, under the Sixth Summit of the Americas. Thus, the U.S. president ratified the U.S. position about the sovereignty dispute over the Falkland Islands, saying “we will continue neutral.”
“We hope them to be able to continue the dialogue on the subject. Our position on this is that we will continue neutral” Obama sentenced at a press conference after the summit in Cartagena. The Falklands question was one of the issues of friction, as the American administration refused to support Argentina in the matter. It should be also noted that Cristina Kirchner left the summit before the final declaration due to this problem.
“We have good relations with Argentina and Britain and we hope them to be able to continue a dialogue on this subject, but this is not something that usually we intervene” Obama concluded.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet