Transfer subway: “It is essential that the City Government sits to work to fulfill the law”
April 4, 2012
Today, the National Executive gave a press conference in which they announced the enactment of the law that transfers the subways, the premetro and 33 bus lines to the City of Buenos Aires.
The new Secretary of Transportation, Alejandro Ramos, was responsible for the exchange with the media, in which he claimed the City Government did not “answer his calls”.
The new Secretary of Transportation, Alejandro Ramos said there were no answers to “multiple” communications with different areas of city government.
“We had been holding talks with officials, as the engineer Piccardo, so we were shocked as they said that there was no dialogue with us [in the press conference that provided Mauricio Macri],” said Ramos.
“That evening, we subsequently tried to have communications but they did not answer my calls. Still, having no answer, we decided to make ourselves available again and raised a note to the government of the city in which we demonstrated in favor of work [of the issue]. All this documentation is available to journalists, gentlemen.”
“It’s very odd to say this publicly and not be on the table with officials to make the necessary arrangements. We will continue working to achieve compliance with this law.”