Urtubey will not adhere to the Supreme Court ruling that permits abortion in all cases of violation
March 21, 2012
Salta Governor Juan Manuel Urtubey, said his province would not abide by the Supreme Court ruling that permits abortion in cases of rape as in some cases it is “too risky”.
The provincial leader said his district will not bow to the decision of the Supreme Court, because it is “just a case” and “it can not be projected to other situations.”
“The province can not take or stop taking anything, because that is a failure of justice in a particular case, which is linked to the Criminal Code background,” said Urtubey.
According to the governor, the ruling does not cover all situations of violation because “the law says so,” and continued: “When judges are legislators may change the law.”
Thus, in Salta follow the system that requires judicial authorization for abortion in cases of rape, even if the offense is proven.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet