Labour Ministry meets with UTA to solve the strike of long distance busses
City of Buenos Aires, March 15, 2012
After the Union (UTA) announced the strike of long-distance buses from the Retiro bus terminal, the Ministry of Labour summoned the guild to solve the conflict.
The complaint seeks a wage increase agreed earlier this year which was not delivered. Thus, Mario Calegari, press secretary of the union, said “the strike is a hundred percent responsibility of the business sector,” adding “if the promised 700 pesos appear, the conflict is solved.”
Meanwhile, Roberto Fernandez, head of the UTA, said that “the business sector met with the union and agreed last September to pay 700 pesos to future joint account. The bussiness sector did not comply, citing the excuse the fall of the subsidy on diesel fuels.”
At this point, both sides meet in the headquarters of the Ministry in Leandro N. Alem at 650.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet