The 50 people killed were identified
Buenos Aires, February 23, 2012
National health minister Juan Manzur gave a press conference among the Minister of Social Development Alicia Kirchner, where he referred to the operation of the health structure in the midst of the tragedy of Once station.
The minister said that of the 50 fatalities, 47 were already identified, but later the Planning Minister said that all those killed had been identified.
Manzur gave details of the procedure followed in times of tragedy.
“On the instructions of the President’s Office, I went to the station, where the SAME was working. We began to coordinate joint efforts and all actions,” the minister said.
“I quickly put on extreme alert the whole structure of national health, national institutes, hospitals in the province of Buenos Aires and the city of Buenos Aires and also through the supervision of the Ministry of Health put in alert and gave the instruction for the referral of patients to structures of social security and private health facilities,” he added.
“46 people remain hospitalized in public facilities. Of the 46 three are in risk: one in the Argerich hospital, one in the Ramos Mejia and the other on Fernandez,” Manzur said.
“The direction of mental health is in coordination with the Ministry of Social Development to support the victims’ families.”
Kirchner said in turn that it was set up a telephone lines service, where they received about 700 calls.
“In principle so far we received 700 phone calls. Of these 105 were for train passengers. The remaining calls were superimposed, a family member or friend, asking for the same person.”
“Others were the product of the state of anxiety that exists in times like this, claiming it was possible that a family member or friend were on that train”.