Davis Cup: Nalbandian achieved the second point for Argentina
Bamberg, February 10, 2012
David Nalbandian won the second point in the series against Germany after beating Florian Mayer 2-6, 6-0, 6-1, 7-6 (5).
Nalbandian had a tough game that began with a bitter pill after losing the first set 6-2. But he rebounded decisively in the second, crushing Mayer 6-0.
The third started evenly, but soon Nalbandian grew in confidence and ended up creating a game full of successes for the partial 6-1.
The last set was the tightest and exciting. Mayer seemed to rise from the ashes and went 3-0 ahead. But Nalbandian fought back and managed in a short time 4-4. A final gesture of the German put the game 5-6, but David sealed it with 7-5.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet