According to the INDEC, economic activity grew 7.6% in November
Buenos Aires, January 20, 2012
The National Institute of Statistics and Census (INDEC) reported that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew 7.6% in November 2011 reaching in 11 months an expansion of 9.1%.
With respect to October GDP grew 0.8% according to the Monthly Economic Activity Estimator (EMAE), an indicator that is released each month as advancement of the GDP evolution that is disclosed on a quarterly basis.
These results demonstrate a slowing economy, something as predicted by many analysts given the international crisis and this 7.6% is the lowest increase of the year.
The industry in November grew by only 3.5% in a year, which contrasts sharply with the average at the beginning of 2011, which exceeded 20%.
The low numbers appear after the European crisis hit Brazil, the main destination of car exports.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet