Cristina: “A week after surgery, a clear recovery”
Buenos Aires, January 12, 2012
President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner wrote a message on Facebook, accounting for the favorable outcome after surgical intervention that was inflicted by a suspected thyroid cancer and that was reviewed after the final results.
“A week after surgery, in clear recovery,” the president wrote in her account CFK Argentina. She also used Twitter to thank God and “the 40 million Argentines for their solidarity and affection.”
Moreover, after the controversy generated by the initial diagnosis, giving an account of a thyroid cancer, the Austral Hospital issued a statement clarifying this point.
The text states that in relation to what was spread through various means, “the hospital was forced” to communicate that “there was not sufficient evidence resulting from the review and revision of the puncture cytological preparations made to the President Cristina Kirchner that forced to modify the initial diagnosis of papillary carcinoma and the indication of elective surgery.”
“During the surgical exploration nodules were found in the right lobe and the presence of a palpable nodule in the left lobe.” It was also found ” visible lymphadenopathy in the right area and pre-tracheal” the statement said signed by the surgeon Pedro Saco and Austral Hospital medical director Eduardo Schnitzler.
Therefore “we decided to perform a total thyroidectomy with lymphadenectomy of Sector VI (pretracheal and right area), the piece was removed in one block.”
“The biopsy by freezing reported, ‘follicular neoplasm in dominant nodule of the right lobe and follicular neoplasm suspicious of malignancy for the left node’. According to that report the surgery ended.”
The final pathology report is the “timely statement, which was reviewed by the Pathology Department of the Institute of Oncology Angel Roffo at the University of Buenos Aires, which fully agreed with the report.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet