Obama reduces the Armed Forces budget
Washington, January 5, 2012
U.S. president Barack Obama announced a cut in the budget of the Armed Forces by 450,000 million dollars, a highly controversial decision in the midst of his aspirations for reelection.
Obama said it is time for the country leaves behind a page of its history, consisting of a decade of wars.
“Our army will be smaller, but the world must know that America will keep its military superiority and agile armed forces prepared for threats,” the president said.
“Our nation is at a time of transition. While the U.S. military will continue its contribution to global security, we need to rebalance efforts in the Asia-Pacific,” Obama added.
“We have succeeded in defending our nation, we bring the war to the enemy and restored the U.S. global leadership,” Obama assured.
Despite the huge cut from Washington officials say that resources are still very important, considering that they are approximately the sum of the budgets of the ten countries that follow US.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet