New Zealand defeated Australia and will face France in the final
New Zealand, October 16, 2011
On Sunday 23, day of national elections in Argentina, New Zealand will face France in the Rugby World Cup final, after defeating Australia by 20-6, at Eden Parkin in Auckland.
France reached the final after overcoming Wales for 9-8. The 2011 edition will have the same end of the first cup, played in 1987, where New Zealand had won 29-9.
“It’s great. We knew we would have to fight 80 minutes; it has been a game with great intensity. All players have been at his best. It is what is needed in the final rounds” said Captain Richie McCaw in the celebrations.
Dominant in all aspects and sectors of the field, the locals used their speed and specially Cruden, Cory Jane and Dagg’s accuracy to impose their game, taking advantage there.
The goals were scored by four penalties of Weepu, a try from Maa Nonu and a drop of Cruden. For their part, the Wallabies were unable to break the defense and scored through a penalty of OConnor and a drop of Cooper.
“We are disappointed to finish well. They have deserved the victory. The All Blacks are a great team” said the Australian captain James Horwill.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet