Ezeiza: Flights canceled for union conflict
Buenos Aires, October 14, 2011
A TAM employee was fired “in a surprising manner and without apparent cause,” which sparked a protest that led to the cancellation of four flights in Ezeiza international airport.
Daniela Juantorena, who worked at TAM for four years and was responsible for the membership of the union employees, was fired. Her companions complained that it is a persecution due to her task.
The Airport Staff Association (APA) reported that the four international flights this morning belonging to TAM were canceled, while the next four after noon will run with the same fate.
From Brazil, a flight en route to Sao Paulo – Buenos Aires was also canceled in solidarity with the dismissed employee.
There is uncertainty with respect to flights over the weekend but it is expected a meeting with the Labour Ministry and the warring parties for the next hours, in order to solve the problem.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet