Financial Summary: The Merval rose 4.45%
Argentina, October 11, 2011
Despite the minimal losses in Europe, Buenos Aires Stock Exchange rose by 4.45% for the effects of the announcement of the rescue of the EU-IMF to Greece. The Real and the Euro rose sharply.
The news of the authorization of new funds for the Hellene government to meet payments had generated a sharp rise in global markets yesterday, while today there were minimal negative variations (less than 0.5%).
In the City, this effect had not been felt because, yesterday, being a holiday, there were no operations. Thus, despite a relatively small trade (32 million pesos), the shares registered a growth of almost 4.5%.
The main improvements were the Siderar (+9,43%), Mirgor (+7,54%), Grupo Galicia (+6,59%), Banco Macro (+5,66%), Banco Frances (+4, 90%), and Banco Hipotecario (+4,82%).
Meanwhile, there was a significant change in the Euro and the Real. While the dollar, with a Central Bank operation, retained its price, the euro rose 9 cents to settle at $ 5.82, and the Brazilian currency traded at $ 2.39, 7 cents more from Friday.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet