After the fall of Khadafy, Sarkozy and Cameron arrived in Libya
TRIPOLI, September 15, 2011
British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy unexpectedly arrived to the Libyan capital, after the fall of Muammar Khadafy’s regime.
The leaders traveled in separate planes and meet with the National Transitional Council (NTC), which took power after the overthrow of Khadafi.
The extreme security measures to protect the French president include at least 150 police officers who traveled with him. While a hotel in the capital was cordoned off with agents that protect elite leaders and journalists.
The visit of these leaders is not accidental, since France and the United Kingdom were the countries that gave military support to the rebels.
Cameron will announce an aid package to support the transition towards a “free country, democratic and inclusive,” said some sources from Downing Street.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet