Tigre defeated Estudiantes de La Plata and approaches the top of the standings
Argentina, September 10, 2011
Estudiantes de La Plata, already eliminated from the Copa Sudamericana and with poor campaign in the Apertura championship, lost today against Tigre for 3-1. The goals were scored in the first half by Luna, Morales and Martinez, while Casteglione, in his own goal, scored for the opponent in the second half. The defeat shakes Miguel Angel Russo as Coach of the team from La Plata.
Estudiantes: Damián Albil; Gabriel Mercado, Cristian Cellay, Leandro Desábato, Juan Domínguez; Juan Sebastián Verón, Matías Sánchez; Mauro Fernández, Gastón Fernández, Mariano González; y Mauro Boselli. Coach: Miguel Ángel Russo.
Tigre: Javier García; Carlos Casteglione, Mariano Echeverría, Juan Carlos Blengio; Gastón Díaz, Román Martínez, Diego Castaño, Ramiro Leone; Diego Morales; Carlos Luna y Ezequiel Maggiolo. Coach: Rodolfo Arruabarrena.
Stadium: Único Ciudad de La Plata
Referee: Mariano González
Goals: 5´FH Carlos Luna (T), 22´FH Diego Morales -p- (T), 24´FH Román Martínez (T), 15´SH Carlos Casteglione e/c (E).
Yellow Cards: 20´FH Leandro Desábato (E), 21´FH Juan Sebastián Verón (E), 22´SH Carlos Blengio (T), 34´SH Diego Morales (T).
Red Cards: 18´FH Damián Albil (E).
Changes: 19´FH Agustín Silva for Mauro Fernández (E), 20´SH Diego Galván for Mariano González (E), 23´SH Emanuel Pío for Román Martínez (T), 24´SH Leandro Benítez for Juan Sebastián Verón (E), 28´SH Andrés Rodales for Gastón Díaz (T), 33´SH Mauricio Carrasco for Ezequiel Maggiolo (T).
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet