United States will veto the creation of Palestinian state
United States, September 8, 2011
United States said it would veto the proposal of the creation of a Palestinian state in the UN, in case that was brought to the Security Council.
Victoria Nuland, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of State said there should be no surprise in “the United States opposing an initiative of the Palestinians in New York to try to establish a state that can not be obtained only by negotiation.”
She added that “if anything [to go in this sense] is voting in the Security Council,the United States will veto it.”
Nabil Abu Rudeina, spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said that they will still present a project.
“We go to the Security Council to protect the rights of the Palestinian people and the idea of a two-state solution,” he said.
“We do not want problems with the U.S. administration but we are engaged in negotiations on a [border] line like the one of 1967,” he added.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet