Argentina beat Nigeria 3-1 with a dazzling Messi
Dhaka, Bangladesh, September 6, 2011
Argentina faced Nigeria in the Alejandro Sabella’s second game as coach of national team.
Argentina reached the penalty area of the rival in the opening minutes, but could not score. Nevertheless, Sabella’s team dominated the game but Nigeria woke up at times and put in risk Romero’s net.
At 18 minutes Lionel Messi received a strong blow from a Nigerian player and finished with a cut on his face.
At 24, Argentina opened the scoring with a goal from Gonzalo Higuain after a pass by “The Flea” (Messi).
At 26, Di Maria scored after an incredible play by Messi that started from the midfield field passing through at least three defenders.
Nigeria surprised Argentina defense at one minute of play, with a goal by Obasi.
At 7 minutes Nigeria again attacked Argentina penetrating the defense that in this second half is showing vulnerability.
Argentina is going through its worst moment in the second half, could not control the game and had serious cracks in his defense. Nigeria continued to search but failed to achieve.
Within 20 minutes Argentina woke up with a goal by Higuain, who strike strongly and the goalkeeper gave a rebound; then a defensive player put the ball on the net.
Argentina: Sergio Romero; Nicolás Burdisso, Martín Demichelis and Nicolás Otamendi; Pablo Zabaleta, Javier Mascherano and Marcos Rojo; Sosa and Angel Di María; Lionel Messi and Gonzalo Higuaín. Coach: Alejandro Sabella.
Nigeria: Dele Ayenugba; Chibuzor Okonkwo, Uwa Elderson, Joseph Yobo and Efe Ambrose; Joel Obi, Mike Obi and Ahmed Musa; Víctor Obinna, Víctor Anichebe and Ikechukwu Uche. Coach: Siasia.
Stadium: Bangabandhu, Dhaka.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet