Chilean teachers and students demanded a solution or a plesbicite
Chile, 9 de agosto de 2011
In a press conference, Chilean students and teachers demanded that the government gives “a clear answer tomorrow” with respect to the demand for educational reform. They also called for a new cacerolazo for today at 21.
The head of the University Federation of Chile (DATE), Camila Vallejo, said that they keep their aim aim in “ensuring quality public education, free, democratic, pluralistic and multicultural.”
“We’ve shown that there is here a majority expressing that the government is who remains intransigent, after 3 months of massive and historic demonstrations,” she said, adding that “the government needs to give a clear answer tomorrow. They must understand the context in which Chile is.”
“We will not be the owners of Chile, we clearly are not. The employers are who govern in facts our country. However, we can be masters of our future,” she said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet