Obama defies risk agencies: “We will always be an AAA country”
United States, August 8, 2011
President Barack Obama spoke to his people and defied the risk agencies. He said that the fight against budget deficit “doesn’t require any radical steps”.
“Markets will rise and fall, but this is United states of America. No matter what some agencies may say. We’ve always been and always will be a triple A country”, Obama said.
“What sets us apart is that we have always had the will to act…. We’re going to need to summon that spirit today”
The President announced that some policies to reduce the deficit will be “tax reform that will ask those who can afford it to pay their fair share” and “modest adjustments to entitlement programs like Medicare.”
“This doesn’t require any radical steps. (…) My hope is that Friday’s news will give us a renewed sense of urgency”, he finished”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet