Chile: Teachers and students rejected the proposal of the Education Minister
Chile, August 5, 2011
Teachers, high school students and university students of Chile rejected a proposal of the Ministry of Education because it does not eliminate profit in education.
After the brutal repression in Santiago and the rest of Chile, leaving over 800 people arrested, the representatives of those sectors gave a press conference in which they asked that the protest is not attacked.
“We ratify the way of dialogue, but that dialogue should be with demonstration, because it is a right which belongs to us citizens”, said the head of the Proffesor’s School, Jaime Gajardo.
They asked for a meeting in which they reach consensus near a 21-point-petition towards an educational reform.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet