American spokesman: “Let it be clear that the relationships with Argentina are as usual”
July 27, 2011
Today, an information of the Department of State of the US had repercussions in certain local media because the “strategic alliance” with Argentina was not mentioned. A spokesman of that institution denied that there was a diplomatic change.
William Ostick, spokesman of the Department of State said: “Argentina is an important non-NATO [North Atlantic Treaty Organization] as always and let it be clear that the relationships with Argentina are as usual”.
He further said that the modifications done on the reports on the country “have no political meaning” and that they were only a product of “an annual revision process”.
In the report, the relationship between Argentina and the US “is based on many shared interests, including non-proliferation; cooperation on transnational issues such as counternarcotics, counterterrorism, and human trafficking; issues of regional peace and stability, including shared support for multilateral peacekeeping operations; and commercial ties”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet