The Electoral Court prohibited the pollsters in Cordoba
Argentina, July 26, 2011
In Cordoba, the provincial Electoral Court established that the pollsters cannot work 10 days before the election, starting this Thursday. The measure was taken after the occurrence of errors in the elections of both the City of Buenos Aires and Santa Fe.
The polls now cannot work after 10 days to the election. So on Thursday July 28 until 9 pm of Sunday August 7, the polls may not perform its function.
The reason for the decision is the Article 219 of the Electoral Code, which states that “is prohibited the dissemination of results of opinion polls from 10 days preceding the election”.
However, the decision has more to do with the uncertainty in the results both in the City of Buenos Aires and in Santa Fe. In this province, a consultant had predicted that Rossi would win, followed by Bonfatti and Del Sel, and in the City Buenos Aires gave Filmus as winner.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet