With all the polls counted, Ríos achieved the re-election
Argentina, July 2, 2011
Today was held the second round of the elections between Fabiana Ríos, the actual governor, and Rosana Bertone, her competitor, in Tierra del Fuego.
In the first round, Ríos lost in Río Grande for 19 points but won in Ushuaia for 4.
Candidates Rosana Bertone and Fabiana Ríos, for the Front for Victory and Patagonian Social Front respectively, competed today the second round of elections in Tierra del Fuego. The actual governor won with the 50,22% of the votes against the 48,91% of Bertone, achieving the re-election.
“Having only two options instead of the multiplicity of them that were elected last week, the elections will be simplified a lot,” said Luis Bechis, clerk of the Provincial Electoral Court. Moreover the Electoral Court declared that the results could be given between 8 and 9 pm tonight.
Bertone said that ”during the week ballots were handed our unofficially, though we knew this could happen”.
So after exercising her right to vote, she went to the Rio Grande, where she will wait the result as she did in the first round.
Furthermore, Ríos said ”the reason for this ballot is to legitimize the next government, silence should not be allowed, so here we call to vote for any of the proposals”. This statement was done because in the first round, the 34% of registered did not attend to vote and Ríos hopes to overturn the result, as Bertone won last week by the 42% compared to 33% .
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet